I’m back to school and meals these days are on the go and quick. Sadly I had to say goodbye to summer leisure cooking time and start prepping my meals prior to eating them. That doesn’t mean I say goodbye to eating my favorites foods and balanced and wholesome. No siree.
Lately I’ve been making overnight oats to eat after my morning workout for a quick and nutritious breakfast. Instead of having the normal and boring overnight oats, I combined a few of my favorites ingredients into a tasty creation…. Chocolate Zucchini Cake Batter Overnight Oats.
Chocolate AND a vegetable serving for breakfast? You bet ya, who said you couldn’t?!?
Chocolate Zucchini Cake Batter Oats
Vegan, soy and gluten- free (if you use gluten- free oats!)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 T chia seeds
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (optional, but adds nice protein kick!)
- 1 T cocoa powder*
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chili powder (optional- gives nice spicy kick)
- 1 t maca powder (optional)
- Stevia, to taste
- 1 banana, divided
- 3/4 cup grated zucchini
- 1.5 cups milk (I used unsweetened almond)
- Toppings: Coconut Butter, fresh fruit, flax, peanut or almond butter, raisins, etc!
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add half a sliced banana, milk and grated zucchini and combine well.
3. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least an hour.
4. Enjoy topped with your favorite toppings– I rolled with melty coconut butter, more banana and cinnamon!
* If using chocolate protein powder, reduce cocoa powder to 1/2 T instead of the whole tablespoon.
Definitely recommend giving this delicious breakfast concoction a shot– not only is it ready for you already in the morning, but its a spin on the usual morning oatmeal or cereal. Packed with nutrition, protein, and flavor, this cold oatmeal with stick to your ribs all through the morning!
Chocolate and zucchini shy? Try it before you judge it, you may just be surprised how well the two go together
Off to dinner and a movie with a friend; it’s my Friday!